[WT-support] Fwd: IC735 - How to get CI-V to work

f6irf at free.fr f6irf at free.fr
Fri Nov 4 12:51:44 CET 2005

Ok managed to get the 735 working. Again thanks to all who helped...

The only problem I had is that the DB3 DB4 DB5 of J22 are not labeled... and not
even in the same order than described in the reference manual... so had to try
(with the help of DF4OR CI-V test utility).

In fact transceive ON/OFF is the last one (front panel toward you, starting from
left) this one should be removed to turn transceive OFF
The 2 first ones set the baud-rate (move the second one to the first position to
switch from 1200 to 9600bds)
the 3 remaining ones are the CI-V address - default 04 is with last the last one
of this group of 3 - on

So to summarize for my IC735-F, for 9600bds, transceive OFF and default address
04 - from left to right with front panel toward you...

Connector J22 jumper settings
1 ON   (bd rate)
2 OFF  (bd rate)
3 OFF  (address)
4 OFF  (address)
5 ON   (address)
6 OFF  (CI-V transceive)

Those settings make the 735 operable with wintest (trx IC735 / bd rate 9600 / 8
data bits / no parity / 1 stop bit(*))
DTR and/or RTS are not used by the Icom CI-V (no handshake) so does not matter.
However, they should be turned to "always ON" if using an interface powered
though those pins. Alternatively, they  can be used for CW and PTT, for example
if you are limited by the number of COM-ports on your machine.

Hope it helps the 735 owners !
Patrick

(*) does not seem to matter work with 1 or 2 but not with 1.5...

----- Forwarded message from f6irf at free.fr -----