[WT-support] Contest operating

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Fri Mar 11 21:28:40 CET 2005

Hi Jess !

Jess Young a écrit :

> Last weekend I worked my first contest using Win-test.  This is
> absolutely the best contest
> logging program I have ever used.  With a 19" monitor set to high
> resolution, I could easily
> display all the necessary windows, and it was certainly nice to have all
> that information
> available at a glance.

Many thanks for the kind words. Glad you're satisfied with Win-Test.

> I have a suggestion for a minor addition:

(snip)

We will consider your suggestion.

In the meantime, you can hide the invalid (US/VE for you in the ARRL DX
for ex.) and already worked stations, which will lower the number of
displayed stations.

> I don't know if it is a program bug or something I have not set up
> correctly, but on 40 meters,
> using my Orion, when I click on a spot, it always sets whichever VFO I
> have set on transmit,
> not the receive VFO.  I played around with the split window, but had no
> luck in solving the
> problem.  Any advice you have would be appreciated.

Did the stations you clicked on were using QSX or does it happen for all
spots ? I also may be an Orion specific issue. Any other reports on this ?

> Larry, your FY5KE team did a great job in the contest - thanks for
> contacts on 5 bands.

If you're interested, some pictures are available on
http://www.fy5ke.org (we are currently working on the site...)

73

Larry