[WT-support] Licensing principles?

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Jun 1 10:21:20 CEST 2005

Hi Marko

marko.holmavuo at dnainternet.net a écrit :

> When buying win-test, can I request more than one registeration key for e.g.
> one for portable laptop and one for "permanent" desktop computer if those are
> used once at a time?

Once bought, you can register Win-Test on all computers _YOU OWN_ only.
If a club station buys a licence, the club computers _only_ are allowed
to register Win-Test with its account. Any individual bringing his own
computer for a multi-op event in this club must have his _own_ licenced
Win-Test.

> So is there any limits how many register keys can be requested after buying the
> software?

There _is_ a limit. But any typical contest station will not suffer with
this limit. BTW, every registration (succeeded or failed) is logged on
our servers with your IP. It's usually enough to track abuses and act
accordingly.

> Is the computer serial number related to some computer HW, so If there are
> needs to upgrade the computer is re-registration needed?

A re-registration is needed if you reformat your disk drive (or use
another one). In case you wonder, if you have the same "computer code"
after an update than before, you can use the same key.