[WT-support] QTC sending in WAE-mode and other WAE topics

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sat Jul 16 07:45:25 CEST 2005

Halo Christian,

> preparing for the WAE CW I found some strange behaviour in sending the
> QTCs. I have version 2.18.3 and working in DX (yes, we leave EU for the
> contest). When sending the first 10 QTCs everything is ok. Sending the
> next 10 (already more than 20 QSOs in the log) it happened that the same
> QTCs were sent as in the first series. Should I write it in the Bug-list?

It works for me, and according to the test log you sent to us privately,
it worked also with you. Maybe the first sequence were not validated
properly? As reported before by Manfred DJ5MW, WT does not warn the
operator when he press ie ALT+L (or CTRL+L, dx side) although all the
QTC are lost!

I'm going to add a popup dialog to ask the operator if he's really sure!

> Another one: What to do when you open the QTC-window with 10 QTCs, but
> you only manage to give the first 5 QTCs, what to do with the rest? When
> I press "+" then all QTCs were counted.

You must decide how much QTC you want to send just after you pressed
CTRL+L: a dialog window let you choose if you want to send 1, 2,... or
10 QTC (if there is enough available).

It's too later to change this in the QTC-window. But you can always
close the QTC-window and press again CTRL+L.

> When I work a Dupe and he didn't get any QTCs yet there is no message
> that says that he can get QTCs. Would be useful.

Sure!

> For the look: When a station is a new multi (still working as DX) then
> the programm should say "new country" instead of "new prefix".

Ok.

> Another one: When I look at the scoring of my testfile adding QSOs and
> QTCs there are 204, but Summary says 202. And there are three dupes not
> two. (Also compare total QSOs with QTCs...) The rest of the scoring
> looks ok.

Larry is working on this problem.

Olivier / f5mzn