[WT-support] Multisingle log synchronization

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sun Jan 30 11:12:05 CET 2005

Hi Marcel

Marcel Jorba a écrit :

> I would like to know what is the right strategy to
> keep logs synchronized during a contest.

(snip)

For now, there is no sync. mechanism "on the fly". It means that if you
"loose" a QSO from one station to another one, you can't get it back.

It means that if you're planning to use WT during a Multi station effort
you must ensure that the network is properly designed and working even
in stressed conditions (I mean within the HF environment). FYI, at FY5KE
(up to 6 PC) where we usually have about 10 k QSO par contest, loosing a
QSO is a _very rare_ situation (usually less than 5).

If you really want to be "up to date" during the contest, you also can
merge the logs during the battle, and reload every station with the
fresh merged logs. WARNING : You must be familiar with this procedure
before the contest starts !

Finally, we are already planning to add the log synchronicity "on the
fly" feature in the next major (v3 ?) version.

Best 73

Larry - F6FVY

PS : Don't forget to use the same WT version on all stations (>= 2.5.2
today) : It will insure data integrity on the network.