[WT-support] Soundcard and PTT

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sat Aug 27 20:04:33 CEST 2005

Hello again,

> Its is clear with LPT. What about COM ports? Any
> example? I use a Microkeyer device, so I need to use
> COM ports.

In Win-Test, open one of the virtual COM port previously created with
the Microkeyer Router Software (this can the virtual COM port created
for the radio control for example, or a Virtual COM port especially
created for this purpose which does nothing else), then click on
"configure", then configure RTS (pin 7) as "PTT".

If this is the Radio control virtual COM port, choose "Radio" as usual.
If the virtual COM port is used *only* for the PTT event on the RTS pin,
choose "Other interface...".

In the Microkeyer Router Software, in the "Ports" tab, just select for
the PTT events: the same virtual COM port and "RTS".

Hope this helps,

Olivier / f5mzn