[WT-support] WAEDC CW notes from A61AJ

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Fri Aug 19 19:59:04 CEST 2005

Hi Ben

Tnx for your detailed report. And congrats for the great score and the
new record !

I will let Olivier answer on the QTC topics.

Ben DL6RAI a écrit :

> - The QSO count in the summary window is slightly irritating since
>   QSOs with stations not valid for the contest (DX to DX) are
>   also displayed here. Please remove them from the summary count.

Without going into pretty technical detailed informations, it's not so
easy to remove them from the summary count. And I'm afraid we will not
take the risk, today, to break a very important part of the code for
these very marginal cases.

Furthermore, my own opinion on this topic is that if you worked a "not
allowed" station (even if this QSO counts for 0 pts), it should be taken
into account for the summary. If you spent (wasted ?) several seconds to
make this QSO, your score, your rate, the avg pts per QSO etc... must be
affected and it you must be informed accordingly.

> - Alt-M window on the networked computers gets updated only every
>   five minutes which was sometimes a little irritating.
>   Is this a feature or a bug?

Congratulations ! You hit a bug ;-)  In fact, this window wasn't updated
when a Q was coming from the network. It's now fixed in our dvpt trunk
and the next release will be OK.

Thanks again and 73