[WT-support] WAEDC CW notes from A61AJ

Ben DL6RAI wintest at dl6rai.muc.de
Thu Aug 18 23:15:39 CEST 2005

Dear Olivier + Laurent:

Here are a few remarks from our WAEDC 2005 operation at A61AJ. Thank you
very much for your kind support and software upload of version
2.19.3-beta in the last hours before the contest.

We are very happy to say that the software ran for 48 hours on five
computers with very little problems, and we were able to break the
existing WAEDC World Record which was set by JY8TE in 2001 by about
20%.

The use of Wintest for our activity was easy and enjoyable
and definitely matched our operation needs and productivity
including CW keying, networking, packet spot filtering, the
increased focus on multipliers on day #2 and on handling of the
QTC traffic. The three of us were very glad we had the chance to
use this very hot version with so little trouble.

- Some QTCs were given out twice (DJ5MW etc.). As pointed
  out by Chris, DL1MGB, there is a little glitch in the software
  when the receiving station was skipped in the previous QTC
  transmission.
- The QSO count in the summary window is slightly irritating since
  QSOs with stations not valid for the contest (DX to DX) are
  also displayed here. Please remove them from the summary count.
- Sent QTC group numbers are not visible in the Show QTC mode. It
  is sometimes necessary to tell the calling station that QTCs were
  exchanged before and it was QTC number so-and-so. This information
  is currently not available.
- Alt-M window on the networked computers gets updated only every
  five minutes which was sometimes a little irritating.
  Is this a feature or a bug?
- The counter for total QTCs available on stock was out of
  sync most of the time. When it showed that 3 QTCs were on stock,
  you could actually send 10 and then another 10. At some time,
  however, the counter showed 2400 QTCs on stock while we had
  already passed 2400 QTCs. Seems to me that the invalid QSOs
  (DX to DX) seem to play a role here.

That's all from our side. Thanks again for that great support!

73 Ben, DL6RAI for the A61AJ WAEDC CW 2005 Team (back home now)
--
DL6RAI