[WT-support] WAE and improvements

Marcus Grampp yy178 at fen-net.de
Wed Aug 17 22:49:03 CEST 2005

Hi folks,

after the WAE is done (DP7A, SOABHP) I just want to give my ideas for
a possible development of WT over its present great & usefull items.

1. Bandmap
It should be easier to put the call into the bandmap (e.g. F-keys? or Alt-
space)
It would be great, if in the bandmap the number of received qtcs would
be given in brackets like "K1ZZ (9)"

2. QTC Operation
Easier moving in the qtc-window with left/right/up/down-arrow-buttons
would be appreciated, this follows intuition.
F1-key (qtc?) and F10 (qsl all) is not needed
Pop-up for cancellation confirmation when typing Alt-L: yes-button to be
pre-voted for leaving with just typing <CR>
Dupe-check for qtc with <Space>: "qtc needed: none" is not useful,
because one has to think twice about it. Better only print the needed
number of qtc or, if all qtc are already received, nothing at all or "all 10
qtcs received" or "no more qtc needed"
The button "To station" should be reachable via keyboard like Alt-S or
so, not just via mouse.

3. DX-cluster announcements
Cluster announcement of still needed multis should be longer visible,
becaues some stations come back to the same frequency, maybe one
could leave the time slot to the operator in "Options".
Direct moving of the radio to the cluster AND back to the old frequency
(CT: Alt-F4) would be  appreciated very well ( I didn´t find it in the
manual)

4. Check multiplier
Directions are given in too much data, so one has to think twice. Better
maybe:
Az. in fat-print and LP in brackets like 306 (LP:126), one

5. Summary
Multiplier weight (80m 4x, 40m 3x etc) should be given correctly in the
window.

6. Rate
I did not need the "Time-on and off "-data, maybe others do. The same
is for "1 qso counts" and "1 mult counts". I think that it needs to much
thinking-work when trying to realize the meaning during the contest-
situation. Simple statistics are enough for me, maybe not for others. So
maybe one could make it switchable.

BUT:The moving-graph of the min/max-rate is an excellent idea !

Iportant: these things are not "does" or "don´ts", it is just a suggestion of
a 15-year-long WAE-freak who is very impressed from the WT-concept
!

73

Marcus, DL3NCI (DP7A)

[[ Marcus Grampp Immobilien- und Hausverwaltung e.K.
[[ Rudolf-Breitscheid-Str. 25
[[ 90762 Fürth
[[ Tel. 	+49 911 9773884
[[ Fax 	+49 911 9773888