[WT-support] IARU Log Cabrillo Error

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Aug 10 18:59:33 CEST 2005

Hi

HRS I4UFH a écrit :

> Submitted now the IARU log as M/S and the robot refuse the log because an
> error into the category .
>
> The description of the category in the WT generated cabrillo is wrong :
>
> CATEGORY: MULTI-ONE ALL HIGH
>   Line 6 was discarded.  Invalid Cabrillo category specification.

Complain to the "holy" ARRL.

If they dont follow the Cabrillo specifications, it is not our fault.

I quote (http://www.kkn.net/~trey/cabrillo/spec.html) :

> CATEGORY: operator-category band-category power-category [mode-category]
>
> For HF contests the operator-category must be one of the following: SINGLE-OP, SINGLE-OP-ASSISTED, MULTI-ONE, MULTI-TWO, MULTI-MULTI, SCHOOL-CLUB (ARRL-SS-CW and ARRL-SS-SSB only), SWL, or CHECKLOG. For VHF contests the operator-category must be one of the following: SINGLE-OP, SINGLE-OP-PORTABLE, ROVER, MULTI-LIMITED, MULTI-UNLIMITED or CHECKLOG.
>
> For HF contests the band-category must be one of the following: ALL, 160M, 80M, 40M, 20M, 15M or 10M. For VHF contests the band-category must be one of the following: ALL or LIMITED.
>
> The power-category must be HIGH, LOW or QRP.
>
> The mode-category must be CW, SSB or MIXED and is only permitted for single operator entries in multi-mode contests that permit single mode entries such as IARU-HF and the 10 Meter Contest.

According to this definition, the operator-category, band-category and
power-category are all mandatory. Only the mode-category is optional.

Why do they make a standard (I remind you the ARRL is the "creator" of
this standard), if they don't follow it themselves ?