[WT-support] TNC connection

Marcus Grampp yy178 at fen-net.de
Tue Aug 9 11:04:36 CEST 2005

Hi folks,
after fighting with my w2k-office-PC, I have now changed to an old
win95-machine and surprise: WT is running well. Radio control and cw-
keying does fine: thanks Laurent !

BUT: Unfortunately I cannot manage the TNC connection to WT. There
is a "paxxon"-PR-terminal-programm on the PC and it works fine. Only
in WT there is no communication with the TNC. In the dx-cluster-
window I can just see the booting-data of the TNC, but the TNC does
not react on any command. I used to have WA8DAD-mode in CT, but
this won´t work due to the <ESC> function. Changing to TAPR-mode
just gives cryptic signs on the dx-cluster-window.
So my question:
How can I make work communication between WT and the TNC ?
Is ist necessary to change the COM-parameters in Windows ? IRQ7?
What parameters are the right ?
I had: 9600, data 8, stop 2, parity none, dtr/rts both handshake
Is there maybe a way to connect WT with another terminal program like
Paxxon or VE7CC or so ?

Alternative: GPRS connection with Nokia 8310 or Sony K750i. Bluetooth
does not work in Win95, maybe I should use a direct cable for the
handy-connection via USB ?

Thanks for your support !

73

Marcus, DL3NCI

[[ Marcus Grampp Immobilien- und Hausverwaltung e.K.
[[ Rudolf-Breitscheid-Str. 25
[[ 90762 Fürth
[[ Tel. 	+49 911 9773884
[[ Fax 	+49 911 9773888