[WT-support] EUHF Contest

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Aug 2 01:14:37 CEST 2005

Hi Fabio and Simon

HRS I4UFH a écrit :

> I agree with you that op can choice to log or not non EU station, but i
> think that a Contest Software
> need to be as a tool, so you can use the tool in different way, at this time
> we don't have any way to choose.

So...

What is the *real* point ?

You are in the EUHF contest (or whatever) and you spent 1 minute to get
the correct callsign of this *$#!@ station who was just above the noise
and it is an "invalid" contact. You already know it's a invalid one
because of the "----" signs. If you don't want to log him, hit F11, if
you want to log him (you spent 1 minute for him, after all, and maybe
you want to send him a QSL ?), hit Enter ! In both cases your score will
be the same, and the multipliers count too (of course).

My opinion (which can be different from Olivier's one) is that I don't
want the software to bother the op. with this kind of things, or with
verbose dialog boxes ("It's a 0 point QSO - Do you want to log him ? YES
/NO") or whatever ! KEEP IT SIMPLE !