[WT-support] Re: Send SPOT has invalid syntax

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sun Apr 17 10:34:41 CEST 2005

Barry Merrill a écrit :
> 1. When I attempt to send a spot, the syntax is rejected.
>
> Win-Test generated       DX 4X4NJ 14011.2
>
> but Error Message on Packet Log says
> the expected syntax is   DX 14011.2 4X4NJ
> and when I changed the text to that format,
> the spot was posted.
>
> That DX/freq/call is also the syntax WriteLog generates.

Which cluster are you connecting to? As far as I know, AK1A, DxNet,
DxSpider, CLX, and probably many others DX servers does not complain
about this feature!

BTW, I know that several logging softwares send spots with the same
order WT does. The reason is mainly to get a frequency change easier if
the rig is not controlled through the software.

> 2. In addition, I had earlier been playing around with
> SPLIT on the ICOM 756PROII, and the VFO B Window
> still showed  SPLIT 21208 from those tests, even though
> the radio was no longer split. The only problem was that
> when I attempted to send a SPOT, WT appended QSX 21208
> to the spot announcement because it still saw VFOB SPLIT.
> The only way I could find to clear the VFOB window was to
> stop and restart Win-Test.

I'll check.

Olivier / f5mzn