[WT-support] Re: Split

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Thu Nov 4 10:04:35 CET 2004

Hi Shane

I also forward this reply on the win-test support list as it might be of
interest for other users.

Brady, Shane - FHD a écrit :

> Only problem I had was on 40 meters.  Here in the states most DX are
> working split.
> Ever time I clicked on the band map, the radio (Yeasu FT-920) would
> switch to CW!
> Is there a way of keeping this from happening?

To be sure if it's FT-920 only specific, did other users notice such a
behaviour with this radio ?

By the way, a side note on this topic :

WT resolves the mode from the cluster spots thanks to the MODE.DAT file.
You can easily modify this file if you want with any text editor (make a
backup before edit, just in case !).

But, if these spots were in the bandmap (or in the Alt-A window), and
you did use the PHONE category in the contest settings form, WT had
resolved them in SSB mode.