[WT-support] win-test with a LAN

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Dec 28 15:48:19 CET 2004

Hi Art

art a écrit :

> I'm testing Win-Test in a simple LAN, only two computers with a
> ADSL-router and a switch, but I would like to use in the future  a 6
> computers LAN (M/M category).
> What port number I have to write in the interfaces configuration menu ?
> The default number 9871 is not running.
> The default IP broadcast address is 10.0.0.255.
> The router is with DHCP server active.
> S.O. WinXP SP2

You must set an IP broadcast address in the WT interfaces dialogs which
will covers all the machines you want to connect.

Your network seems to be a "class A" network (10.x.y.z).

To be sure to cover an entire class A network you must use a
10.255.255.255 brodcast address. This way, you will be able to connect
about 167 millions networked computers ;-) It should be enough, even for
a M/M effort) The default port (9871) should work (dont forget to open
individual UDP port on your machines firewalls if any).

Best 73