[WT-support] win-test and steppir ant.

Agnes and Henk Tobbe tobbe at bigpond.com
Mon Dec 20 05:07:51 CET 2004

I would like to buy win-test as it looks and feels like a very good contest logging program. However.... the communication with my FT1000MP is not going as it should and because of that the SteppIR antenna controller does not follow the frequency changes. For a quick QSY within a band that is not so much of a problem. With band changes however it is rather essential the antenna follows very quickly.

For normal logging I am using Logger32 and that does not have this problem. With Logger32  the antenna-controller very promptly follows the frequency changes.

Between the radio, the computer and the SteppIR antenna controller I am using a Y-cable. This enables the radio to send the frequency information to both the computer/logging software and the  antenna controller.

I am not sure how the communication with the FT1000MP has been programmed. The radio only needs to report its status in the 16 byte or 2 x 16 byte mode. To get this reponse the radio should be polled with  (in HEX) 00 00 00 02 10 of 00 00 00 03 10

I would be happy to help test this out.

Henk - VK2GWK